IMO is a reputed mathematics Olympiad conducted by science olympiad foundation. The exam is conducted in 2 stages. The first level consists of reasoning and mathematics questions. The second level is pure mathematics (the second level is not conducted for class 1st and 2nd). Only top 5 percent students go to the second level.
1. Know your syllabus: The first level exam consists of 70% syllabus from the previous class. Go through entire syllabus and identify resources to study the various topics of IMO. You should definitely practice with IMO previous year papers.
Take your preparation to an advanced level with our
2. Identify study material and resources: Get your study material ready beforehand. Don't waste your crucial time in searching for study material at the last moment.
Olympiad Genius provides exhaustive and very focused study material for IMO level 1 and other math olympiads for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. The material is prepared by our team of experts and is reviewed for its quality. Our experts have thoroughly studied the patterns of IMO previous year papers for class 1, class 2, class 3, class 4, class 5 and class 6. We provide IMO sample papers based on previous year patterns with an advanced difficulty level.
Olympiad Genius provides IMO previous year pattern based sample papers for class 1 to 6 to help you in your preparations
3. Understand the pattern: IMO level questions are based on concepts applications. Keep in mind unlike other Olympiads, SOF Olympiads are fairly tough. Questions asked are not based on straightforward knowledge of concepts but requires an understanding of concepts application. This is where the difference lies between SOF Olympiads and other. You should not only understand the concept but also should learn about its application. "Achiever's section" questions are based on the advanced level application of concepts. You should understand the concept and pattern and should practice a lot of math Olympiad sample questions based on exact patterns of previous year level 1 IMO question papers
Olympiad Genius with its unique methodology of "learn-assess-improve" and quality concept-application based questions and detailed explanations can help you to understand the concepts, reinforce the concept in your mind and understand the advanced level application of concepts....and all this is done progressively in a smart way with the help of improvement plans, adaptive tests and concept application based questions. When others are working hard you can simply learn smart with Olympiad Genius "Achiever's Package".
Remember questions asked in the first level will be from your syllabus only and not from topics meant for senior classes, but the level of question asked will be really challenging. Questions will not be based on concepts directly but will require advanced application of the concepts. Many sites mislead students by asking questions from topics meant for senior classes. Remember you have to master the concepts and their advanced application and have to strictly adhere to the syllabus otherwise you will be wasting your crucial time.
4. Start your preparation well in advance: Most of the students who aspire to top the IMO level 1 starts preparing for the exam well in advance.
Olympiad Genius provides "Achiever's Package" to build, reinforce and understand the application of concepts. "Achiever's package" is a must for students aiming for top international ranks. Our team of experts have prepared this package by understanding the patterns of latest IMO question paper as well as IMO previous year papers. No wonder, the majority of our users were able to easily crack the first level of IMO. With our IMO Olympiad sample papers, you can easily crack any Maths Olympiad.
Olympiad Genius provides IMO level 1 sample question papers based on patterns of previous years.
Olympiad Genius has IMO level 1 material and question papers for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Prepare and achieve success in any Math Olympiad for grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 with our "Achiever's Package".
5. Take real-time mock tests: Maths is a subject which requires preparation based on the real pattern with a real feel of time and difficulty. Real IMO Question papers are very lengthy and it requires lots of practice to complete the paper within the stipulated time. Solving maths question online will not be of much advantage to anyone. You have to practice using hard copies. Our suggestion, download hard copies of the sample papers and topic-wise tests from Olympiad Genius, set your alarm and jump to the test.
Olympiad Genius provides downloadable tests. Maths should be practised on hard copies rather than on soft copies. If you have issues in printing the test then you can simply take the test online. Our tests work perfectly well in all browsers and mobiles.
Olympiad Genius provides IMO first level sample papers designed with the idea of advanced level preparation of real IMO.
6. Plan and Execute: Prepare a timetable. Follow it strictly. Practice all sorts of questions. Work on your weak areas. If you don't want to over-burden yourself then start preparing well in advance.
7. Continuous effort: Achieving success in IMO is not a one or two days affair. It requires lots of hard work and patience. If you don't see success in the beginning, just don't give up. Keep pushing yourself. Soon you will start seeing the results.
8. Regular Practice: Mathematics is what you should actually practice. You will understand the concepts only if you practice hard and cover each an every aspect of the topic. It will bring confidence and ability to solve any problem.
Olympiad Genius provides you plenty of international math Olympiad questions covering every topic for IMO level 1 to increase your efficiency and understanding of the concept.
9. Take proper sleep before exam: Calm, composed and relaxed mind is a necessity for solving complex mathematical problems. Do not over exert yourself before exams. Take proper sleep in the night before the exam.
Olympiad Genius provides IMO sample papers based on patterns of IMO last year papers for class 1, class 2, class 3, class 4, class 5, class 6, class 7 and class 8.