Grade 8, English Olympiad (CBSE) - Nouns
Try free sample papers for Olympiads
Grade 8 | English | Nouns, Nouns and Pronouns, Olympiad, CBSE, ICSE, Maths Olympiad, Science Olympiad, English Olympiad
A Noun is the name of a person, place or thing.
Example: Ronny is a good boy.
Mumbai is an industrial city.
A carpenter made this table.
Nouns are of the following kinds:
- Common Noun: words used to describe objects or creatures.
Example: Balls are round in shape.
- Proper Noun: name of a particular person, place or thing.
Example: Shelley is plating football.
- Collective Noun: is the name of the same type of persons or things taken together and regarded as one single entity.
Example: A mob of people surrounded the politician.
- Material Noun: denotes the original or raw materials or objects existing in nature.
Example: All that glitters is not gold.
Wheat is the staple diet of many people in India.
- Abstract Noun: denotes intangible things.
Example: Childhood is a carefree period.
An honest man is loved and appreciated.
Get me the extra edge for Olympiads Exams
* Olympiad Genius is an independent organization and is not an official partner of SOF (Science Olympiad Foundation), Silverzone, Unified Council and Indian Talent Olympiad Organizations.